Python Naming Convention > Method Naming
- Should be all in lowercase
- Preferably a verb e.g. get_car(), purchase(), book()
- If the name contains multiple words, it should be separated by underscores (_) e.g. get_json()
class Person: def get_height(self): return self.height
Python does not support privacy directly. This naming convention is used as a weak internal use indicator.
- Should follow the above naming conventions
- Should use a leading underscore (_) to distinguish between "public" and "private" functions in a module
- For more read the official python documentation.
class Person: def _foot_to_centimeter(self): # private method return self.height * 30.48